Ever since man has taken his first walk on this earth, he has been wandering here and there in search of things which please him. And traveling from one place to another has been the best way to explore things around him. His quest to explore this nature has led him deep into the woods surrounded by wild flora and fauna. Be it jungle camping or spending time in caves, his search has never finished…
Time has changed, things have changed but the search is still the same. The man used to travel in that ancient time and in today’s modern era too, he keeps on traveling alone or in a group. Yeah! Travelling has changed its dimension. His heart always throbs to do something adventurous and jungle camping is a way where he finds himself close to that experience.
For adventure-loving persons, spending a night in a tent somewhere in the middle of the jungle will be among the most exciting and most memorable moments of his life. The enchanting ambiance of the jungle is so thrilling that one, who goes there, would surely go back again.
Have you ever imagined yourself in a deep forest, lying under the open glittering sky, counting stars, there’s a bonfire a few distances away from you? The sound of crickets, insects, water in the river, and bonfire will compose an ambient, chill-out music which is so amazingly soothing than any other music you have ever listened to in your life.
These days, jungle camping has become the favorite outing activity for the young, adventure-loving people.
One of the most exciting parts of camping is the jungle. The fun and excitement that one can get in the jungle, can’t be experienced anywhere. You are surrounded by trees, hills, sound the cricket, the bone fire and the most beautiful thing is, you are in the lap of Holy nature. Today’s youth often take some break from the never-ending corporate life and plans and entire day, round the clock, in the lap of Mother Nature. Jungle camping can be done in a tent, in an RV, or even under the stars. And I tell you, you don’t need the comfort of those cozy blankets and mattresses when you are out in the jungle.
Jungle camping isn’t just an outdoor activity, it’s more than this. If you haven’t heard the word biophilia, then let me tell you the term means human’s tendency to connect with nature and it’s a science.
So if you are also looking for spending some moment in the serenity and purity of nature, just fix your calendar and mark the day. But first, let’s discuss some preparation tips for jungle camping which you should know before you go out into the woods.
The very first thing is your travel bag as packing is an important part of any travel activity. Hence, the first thing here is your clothing. What clothes should you pack? As per my personal experience, you should always pack lightweight wearing which is easy – care and fast – drying. Pack your necessary clothing and especially the full sleeves shirt or t-shirt and some trousers. Light, a water-resistant jacket which will make your feel warm during a cool evening and swimming trunks, bathing suits, and your undergarments, are all the basics of your clothing that should be in your travel bag.
I have always been a great lover of heavy leather boots. Decide whether you need a pair of shoes or boots for camping. I would rather suggest boots because they are meant to be used in such an environment. They are tough and they indestructible. A water resister sleeping bag is a great requirement and you need to pack one.
When you are out there in the jungle, you need to stay away from wild insects. And hence you need a medical kit.
The Medical Kit You Need to Carry for Camping in the Jungle:
- Mosquito repellent
- Basic tablets such as analgesics, antipyretics, and antibiotics
- Sunblock cream
- Healing balm
- Anti-itch cream
What emergency gear do you need on jungle camping?
You are out in the jungle and obviously jungle isn’t your home or neighborhood. You may encounter some unpredictable situation and you need to be prepared for this all the time. Hence you need emergency gear. So I have prepared a list of all the basic things which are generally required during a jungle camping.
- Swiss Army Knife
- Torch with extra batteries (flashlight)
- Plastic bags
- Travel alarm clock
- Twisted Rayon rope
- Night vision binocular
These are the basic requirements in your camping survival kit.
Now let’s discuss the top five jungle camping destinations in India where you can spend the best time of your life.
- Rishikesh: The top of my list is Rishikesh in Uttarakhand. It on top of my list because this place is famous for its natural beauty and outdoor adventurous activities. It is top in my list because it attracts not only natives and foreigners and also because I had my first camping in Rishikesh. Surrounded by hills, you can even enjoy river rafting here. This will double your adventure.
- Tosh: Tosh is an underrated place but I tell you, you will surely have the best of your life here. And if you love the nomadic lifestyle, this place is heaven for you. Nestled in the jewel of Parvati Valley, this place is naturally beautiful and its picturesque landscapes will be painted in your memories forever. This place has a lot to offer including trekking.
- Ladakh: Setting up a tent at Lake Pangong and Lake Tso Moriri and spending a night here will full your brain with countless memories to cherish forever. Vast tracts of sky, crystal clear views of Himalayas, and the best of nature’s beauty, what else is needed more? Camp at the Mystic Sangla Valley and enjoy the breath-taking beauty of nature and the flocks of migratory birds.
- Nainital: The globally famous hill station of India is located in the Himalayan foothills. Its gorgeous climate, panoramic beauty, and shimmering lake make it’s a perfect destination for camping. The freshness and purity of its air will remove all the worldly worries and you will feel new again. You can add more to your adventure by trekking and rafting here.
- Jaisalmer: Ever imagined of jungle camping in the desert? The golden sand – dunes and a feel of Arabian Nights are enough to amaze your nerves. Reach to your desert camp riding a camel and spend your time under a wide-open sky. It’s just you and the calm nature. It’s here to hear from you. It’s here to hold you. The glorious sunshine and dazzling night skies will be in your memories forever.
So, these were the top five places where you can go for jungle camping. One thing you need to ensure when you go for jungle camping my friend, just leave your worries behind, just leave your office burden behind, and just spend the moments of your own. I wish you the best memories. Enjoy your camping!
The content above is from my talk show at All India Radio.
35 total views, 1 views today